All About Julie
Hello and welcome to Give Up The Smokes.
I’m Julie Sharp, a fully qualified and insured Hypnotherapist & NLP practitioner registered with the CNHC (Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council) and GHSC (General Hypnotherapy Standards Council).
People tell me I show a real passion for what I do. It happens a lot, so I’m guessing it’s true. I never set out to be a hypnotist, life just revealed it to me, and I’ve honestly never looked back.
I am in awe of the human mind and how it works.
My love for understanding behaviour, emotions and addiction in the context of the brain drew me to exploring more and more about the neurology of the brain and, ultimately, to training as a practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), a phenomenally exciting and expanding area of research and study. I keep up my learning and understanding of neuroscience and other areas of psychology with regular reading of relevant literature and attendance at training sessions including being a regular at events run by the Royal Society of Medicine.
And I find that the more I learn, the more humbled I am at the immense power we have within ourselves to bring about change. To change our brain chemistry; our physiology; in truth, our reality.
Since becoming a qualified hypnotherapist, I have continued to expand my knowledge and training in specialist areas, including qualifying as a trained Parts Therapy practitioner, taught by the world-renowned C Roy Hunter, and undertaking specialist training in smoking cessation.
I believe learning never stops and I learn as much from my clients and day-to-day practice, as I do from attending formal courses and reading books and other literature. But one thing I have learned along the path of life is that to be your very best, you have to be congruent with who you are inside. A salesperson will never sell as many products they only half believe in, as they will products they completely believe in. And so it is with hypnotherapy.
There are many approaches to smoking cessation, but the one that I undertook specialist training in and use fits with who I am, what I understand about addiction, psychology and the human brain, and is based on clinical evidence gained from over 20 years of working with smokers. That’s important to me and it may be to you too? It is a gentle approach that will move you from a place of dependency to a place where it just feels more natural and right not to smoke than it does to continue.
- I won’t badger you into giving up; after all, no-one else has been successful in that, and I can’t imagine for a minute that I would be any different
- I won’t insist that we follow a rigid format
- I won’t hurry you along or slow you down
- I won’t devise a treatment plan without considering the context of your current lifestyle
- I will tailor the session around your individual needs
- I will be responsive to what crops up in the session
- I will use a range of different techniques drawn from the fields of hypnosis, NLP, neuroscience and psychology as best befit the need
- I will make myself available for telephone support in between sessions
- I will tell you in the pre-consultation if I think you’re not yet ready
Helping you achieve freedom from cigarettes permanently is important for me, not because I think it’s bad, but because it’s what you want. My only care is that you might live the kind of life you want to live, free from the habits and behaviours that hold you back.
We all deserve that; to live the best lives we possibly can and my happiness comes from your success.